Baba + Boo One Size Nappies
Baba+Boo one size cloth nappies fit from approx. 4.5 kg (10 lbs) until potty training (approx. 18 kg / 40 lbs). We recommend the nappies from about 6-8 weeks. Before this, Baba+Boo’s newborn nappies are great (these usually fit for about the first six months).
These waterproof cloth nappies are ‘pocket nappies’ – they have a pocket at the back where you can add 1 or 2 inserts to increase the absorbency of the nappies as necessary. Each Baba+Boo cloth nappy comes with 2 bamboo mix booster inserts.
When your baby’s still small, you usually just need one insert. The nappies should be changed every 3 hours. As your little one grows, one booster insert might not be enough, so you can use two at the same time. You can also use biodegradable nappy liners – which are easy to dispose of – to catch solids. If you’re breastfeeding, you won’t need to use liners, as… well, there won’t be any solids, so you can simply pop used nappies in the wash! The waistband and cuffs at the legs keep everything in and prevent poo-splosions.
The nappies are fastened with 3 secure poppers on each side. This makes the nappies fit securely and also stops toddlers from taking them off by themselves! The size can be adjusted to your little one using the lower poppers on the front of the nappy. There are three different adjustment possibilities designed to fit babies up until potty training.
The nappy’s outer is made from 100% polyester with polyurethane coating. The inner is made from soft 100% microfleece, and the 2 booster inserts are made from 2 layers of bamboo and 2 layers of microfibre (Material: Outer: 100% polyester (with polyurethane coating); Inner: 100% polyester; Inserts: 70% viscose (from bamboo cellulose), 30% polyester).
Getting starting with cloth nappies is much easier than most people think! If you have any questions, get in touch as we’d be happy to advise you – or just get started by yourself. Cloth nappies aren’t just better for the environment – they’re better for your little one’s skin… and your purse!
We also offer cloth nappy starter kits which come with nappies and a variety of useful accessories. If you’re planning on stocking up, you can save money with our bundle packs: choose between our small starter kit with 10 one size nappies and our large starter kit with 20 one size nappies.
Washing & Care Instructions
- Washing the nappy booster inserts three times helps to increase their absorbency before using for the first time. You can simply throw them in a normal wash and you don’t need to dry them in between each pre-wash.
- After use, remove any solids from the nappy (you can simply knock any solids into the toilet) and store them in a wet bag or in a nappy bucket until you wash them (if using a bucket, remember to leave it open a crack if possible so that the air can circulate).
- Wash the nappies in the washing machine at 40°C or 60°C (cotton wash). Rinsing the nappy beforehand can help to remove urine and stools.
- Please don’t use any chlorine bleach (oxygen bleach is okay) or fabric softener on the nappies.
- We recommend air-drying your nappies, as it’s better for both the nappies and the environment. However, a gentle tumble dryer cycle is also possible.
- Please don’t dry directly on radiators or heating, or leave for long in the direct sunlight to dry. The heat can damage the elastic and the polyurethane coating. Also, please don’t leave the nappies in the car for too long during heatwaves.
- If using nappy cream, please place a nappy liner between the nappy and your baby’s bum.
For nine years, Baba+Boo has been producing its products in a small, independently tested factory in China. Baba+Boo places great importance on compliance with social criteria such as preventing excessive working hours, prohibiting child labour and providing safe working conditions. The seamstresses are mothers from the region who are allowed to organise their work around their families. Baba+Boo’s products are independently tested too.
Baba+Boo was started by Eva, mum to two little ones. She was searching for a sustainable alternative to disposable nappies and ended up creating her own line of cloth nappies, designed to perfectly meet her family’s needs.
All of Baba+Boo’s products are ethically manufactured: absolutely no child labour, and all workers are paid fairly and do not work excessive hours. All factories need to comply with strict rules. All products continually undergo stringent testing and don’t contain any harmful chemicals.
Baba+Boo supports a variety of charities and is always looking for ways to give back to society.